Within the framework of the State Strategy of Anti-Corruption Policy of the Kyrgyz Republic, in order to prevent and combat corruption in the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, seminars, lectures, round tables, scientific and practical conferences are held for students, teaching staff and employees. Issues of prevention of corruption and other offenses are discussed within these events. Guest speakers of these events are: law enforcement officers, representatives of public organizations (associations), whose statutory task is to participate in combating corruption.
As part of the activities of the Academy, there is a Research Department (“NIK”) on Corruption Prevention Policy. The main goal of the Department is implementation of research and educational programs on combating corruption and money laundering of proceeds from crime, with the wide involvement of undergraduates, graduate students and government agencies to develop practical recommendations on the introduction of new mechanisms and tools, as well as to improve the ongoing anti-corruption policy.
APAPKR petitioned the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic to assign the stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic to the training manual "Fundamentals of Anti-Corruption Policy" by the authors of Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor T. Sayakbaev, Ph.D. in Political Sciences, Associate Professor E. Mambetalieva, A. Abdykerimov. The developers of the tutorial are the teachers of the Academy. The tutorial "Fundamentals of Anti-Corruption Policy" is intended for lecturers of higher educational institutions. The basis of the manual is a statement of the legal and organizational foundations of the anti-corruption policy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic holds advanced training courses on anti-corruption policy as part of the implementation of the state order for the training of state civil and municipal servants, as well as persons holding political municipal positions of the Kyrgyz Republic from 2018 to 2020. These courses include the following questions:
- The concept and essence of corruption. The reasons and conditions for the commission of corruption offenses;
- Types of corruption offenses and crimes;
- Anti-corruption expertise of regulatory legal acts;
- Legal framework for combating corruption. Basic principles of combating corruption;
- State policy of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of combating corruption. Istanbul Action Plan Recommendations of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD);
- Anti-corruption policy of the Kyrgyz Republic within the framework of the ratified UN Convention against Corruption;
- Corruption and its consequences for the state and society (political, economic and social);
- Organizational and legal means of combating corruption in the field of state / municipal service;
- Conflict of interests in the field of state / municipal service;
- Anti-corruption in the field of public procurement;
- Prevention of corruption in public administration;
- Strategic management in the formation of anti-corruption programs;
- Professional ethics and anti-corruption behavior in the state / municipal service;
- The role of civil society in the formation of anti-corruption consciousness of state / municipal servants.
Also, the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, together with the Central Asian Institute of Corruption and Money Laundering, launched an academic anti-corruption certified program as part of a project funded by the Soros Foundation-Kyrgyzstan.
The goal of the Program is to increase the potential of trainees on anti-corruption issues and strengthen anti-corruption expertise in Kyrgyzstan, form a negative attitude towards corruption in society and instill the skills necessary to develop and implement anti-corruption measures.
The program is recommended for civil servants, activists, lawyers, journalists and other representatives of civil society institutions, scientists, Master’s students who can improve their qualifications in the field of combating corruption.
In APAPKR there is a “Trust Box”. One of the goals of which is to promote the adoption and strengthening of measures aimed at implementing anti-corruption policies and improving educational programs, as well as creating conditions for identifying the facts of corruption and other offenses.